Beiträge von izdubar

Ok no problem, I understand german, but I can't write it well :)

I forgot one thing, your ISO file can be patched for ESR too, it doesn't matter either.

About PES2011 and FIFA11, there were report for both of them, and they are working on SMB. I don't remember which version (NTSC or PAL), however as long as your problem is "white screen" you need to find what is going on with your setup.

Windows is very tricky with access right, and don't forget there is access right for the whole folder, and for each individual files.

DerNebu

OPL don't need a PW, but if you want to use VMC you will need to have write access to the share obviously, and in that case I think the password is required. As you can't have write access on a guest/unauthenticated account.

Concerning the white screen, it is most often a user error. White screen mean OPL can't open the ISO (and yes they can be larger than 4G on NTFS without problem, DVD9 work too). If you can see the game into the list the usual problem encountered are:
    - invalid access right on the particular file (double or triple check the rights, also in advanced properties)
    - your ISO file ends with an incorrect extension, it must be ".iso" in lowercase.

Finally you can use a tool like "wireshark" to monitor your network traffic, it will display the SMB request of OPL and the exact error status.

toto67

What revision are you using ? There was a regression in the official 0.8 that give some incompatibilites with some PS3. This has been fixed in revision 535:

https://bitbucket.org/ifcaro/o…er/changeset/f50cb0de4fd7

Zitat

It stops with a pink screen now. I tried several compatibliy options, but no effect so far.

Try with mode 1, maybe PGEN load at the same address as OPL load the modules.

Zitat

btw:not sure if it is already possible. Would be nice to have multiple targets for apps. e.g. when usb stick isn´t available it could search on MC for an application. I noticed when I did not insert the usb stick and wanted to reset OPL to reread covers and selecting OPL failed. Could be nice in other cases, too.

I didn't understood that one ... When you try to run an apps, that is not accessible (device not started, invalid path) OPL will first try to open it, and warn you about a problem.

Zitat

Another thing, may me helpful. Adding the game name in compatibly file. e.g. ;name where ";" simply caused to skip to line end. No clue about the internals, but for sharing/comparing such files the name would be helpful.

It will make the file bigger, and maybe in the (near) future I will change again the way settings are stored. I will use one conf file per game which will be saved on the game device itself (as no one share their compatibility file anyway, and it was the only reason to use one single separated file).

That will also make some nice features possible, but you'll see when I start working on this :)

What !? And you didn't provide them to JNABK, so they could be added to the gallery !

I miss almost all my PAL games covers ...

About the covers, you must be very precise, regarding to the sentence "ohne transparen", as it could be interpreted as "without alpha layer" at all (that means 24bit encoding instead of 32bits). In that case the file will be rejected by OPL.

Also, to be faster, you can use JPG format instead.

(And the size is user dependant, 140x200 and 64x64 are common, but it can be bigger if wanted, it is just to be exhaustiv :p most people will stick to theses values)

I can provide you a debug version of OPL, that will trace every cdvdman call.

You will need to connect your PS2 to your LAN, and run a capture tool on your PC (the debug traces are sent in broadcast).

With this log is will be possible to investigate, at least the white screen.

Ok ... in fact I read to fast.

Sonic Unleashed works in 0.7 .. and it works in 0.8 !

But it doesn't work in r536 ...

It is broken since r515 in fact ... Jimmi will fix that hopefully.

When it is done, I'll ask you to try again and report please :)

In fact with the current state of OPL, you should rather not use any special caracters for game names, only basic latin.

For SMB, the game name is sent in unicode, whereas OPL need UTF8. Unicode share the same basic as UTF8 however, meaning that if you stick to latin is to good.

For HDD, the HDL format use the encoding charset of the system you used to install games. For example, if you use hdl_dump under linux (UTF8), OPL will be happy, and you will be able to display every UTF8 caracters (that is defined in the font loaded). But someone using windows (CP1289), only the basic latin cahrs will be ok (same as unicode/UTF8, there is a partial compatibility)

For USB, I have no idea ... I guess it is tied to FAT32, so probably CP1289 too ...

What mode was it in your case (just to know, as I suppose it did work before) ?

In 0.7 we didn't use UTF8 fonts support, it was rather a fixed charset containing the 256 first chars, probably compatible to latin + latin extended, so some of the special characters of usual countries, including ß, ü, ä, ... That mean it was good for some point, but bad for other ...

And I have no idea to fix this in the future ... we can't support UTF8 for game names, as in UTF8 each character (in fact "glyph") is encoded in either 1 to 4 bytes, and we use fixed buffer size for game names everywehre ... it would require to many changes, and many other problem I have in mind ...

The CD or DVD distinction is indeed not needed for most of the case. But some games, check the media type, and for these specific games, you should use the original format if you want them to work.

Don't ask me which games are concerned, I just know the reason why there are CD and DVD folder. If all your CD games works well under the DVD folder, then no problem, let it so.

The 'iso2opl SCAN", is only to rename automatically your ISO files, so they comply with the needed naming scheme (GAME_CODE.GAME_NAME.iso). It extract the game_code directly from the ISO.

This is useful if you have a bunch of "my wonderful game 1.iso" and don't want to check their game code manually, and rename yourself. But if you used "opl2iso" to convert your UL back to ISO, then then tool have already renamed them with the correct scheme.

That's why the games are displayed in the list (and running them is another subject).

The only problem I don't understand, is why running "iso2opl SCAN" have damaged your installation. Either the ISO were already well named, in this case it should have done nothing, or if not, it should only rename them.

If you want to investigate this error, you must tell me more info. The listings of DVD content before running, the output of "iso2opl", the resulting listing of DVD ... the file attributes, what happen to them ...

For the game code, just select the game in OPL, and it will be displayed somewhere near the cover.

It should be (for the PAL version): SLES_XX.YYY

The harddrive load game faster (as with the original DVD), and some doesn't like that, so you should try with the slowest read speed, which is I think MDMA0.

Strange ...

It may be a regression then ... We must verify that.

What version of sonic unleashed is it ? PAL/NTSC ? If you have the game code it would be nice.

"OPL 0.7 HDD Mode 1" it works, and "OPL 0.8 HDD Mode 1" it doesn't work, right ?

Hmmm, as it is HDD, what DMA mode do you use ?

And settings are not re-used between these two versions (0.7 was using the same settings as HDL, whch was incorrect as the mode are not the same, now 0.8 use the conf_compat.cfg setting file)

Can you try with "disable IGR" too ? Mode 1 + Mode 6

Then you said "started from HDD", was it from external USB HDD, or internal HDD ?

Can you try with OPL 0.7 too ?

And finally, are you sure of your backup ? Wasn't it modified with DNAS/IOPR patch, or HDL patch ... The ISO must be untouched.

This game was tested many time. Mode 1 was in fact created for it and for the moment it is used only for that game :) So it must really work.

This game is fully compatible with Open PS2 Loader 0.8 (even OPL 0.7) for all 3 devices (USB/HDD/SMB), but you have to use the compatibility "Mode 1".

For your NAS, maybe you could explain a littl more what is the problem, and add some wireshark capture ?

Debugging SMB protocol is almost a "pleasure" :)

Zitat

you may also use an internal config that may be overridden by user settings

Yes why not ... but to have these internal default/config we need someone who sum up the hundred pages of the compatibility thread ;) The problem remain here we don't have time nor the will to do and maintain that.

Zitat

IMHO a non compatible list would be more easy to maintain

I agree, also Jimmi has asked for this too. But here we are speaking of two different thing:

• the compatibility list/settings, to create a conf_compatibility.cfg, to let user run problematic games
    • the non compatibility list, to let dev (jimmi :p) focus on them

Zitat

the flickering on OPL start could be more smooth (memclear before screen change or something)

If you speak about the glitch displaying some artifacts based on the glowing stars of the PS2 Browser, I tried doing a deep GS init (graphic synthesizer) but it didn't change anything ... :(

wazup

Did you tried your NAS recently again ? I guess yes ... because we did some fix regarding incompatible NAS unit (Digitus mainly and also WD MyBook).

Concerning the compatibility settings for games, I hoped (and still hope) that guys on the forums would aggregates information from the compat thread and build a public "conf_compatibility.cfg". But so far no initiative has begun ...

For the hint it is hard to change this, and personally I find this location (bottom) the most judicious, as here it have the whole width of the screen to display info. Putting it right near the item, would most probably cause space problem. After all, mode number is clearly displayed, if a user can't read (or count :p) till 8 ... :)

spami

Most probably you have a DMS chip ? Or some clone ?

Anyway, it was reported too late that some changes in 0.8 make it incompatible with theses modchips, but this is now fixed in later revision.

Try any revision after r508. Best is to try r535 ;)

Edit: don't remove your config file (in case you found it ;)), this tip could help in some case (ie trying a lot's of beta revision), but in your case it won't help as between the 0.7 realease and the 0.8 we are using a whole different location for the config file

Was mc?:/SYS-CONF/usbld.cfg before and now mc?:/OPL/conf_opl.cfg

The guy "cembry" who started the thread on psx-scene, had post some commercial site in some post where he bought it.

As I don't want to make them advertisement, I don't copy/paste it here :)

Maybe "cembry" is even one of their employee ;) who knows :p