Beiträge von izdubar

Hmmm ... this issue is for the OPL 0.7 only, where you need to stop the SAMBA server keepalive packets.

For 0.8 it doesn't freeze OPL anymore (but you can still disable it, as it will generate less traffic).

And this is not related to Mac, I had the same issue on my openSuSE.

By the way, Jimmikaelkael is currently working on this HDKit Pro to reverse engineering their BIOS/PIO link.

Currently he have an adapted ATAD driver to address directly the HDD of the kit, as it is was a standard NA/HDD.

[d]It is now possible to use OPL with this kit, at least the game are listed in the GUI part, some works is still required to modify the ingame core, but hey, he started working on that only end of last week ;)[/d]

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f1…2-loader-hdpro-kit-73972/

EDIT: The work is finished now (unless bug correction needed or improvement) and the HDKit Pro is fully usable with OPL. We require some people to test it. We need feedback on the performance.

The goal of course is to get rid of the deprecated HDL, and benefit of the high compatibility of OPL instead :)

The company selling this HDKit Pro should give him a reward ... as they will undoubtedly stole his work and replace HDL by OPL soon (as they did with their custom FMCB) !

Some old thread I tried to maintain to gather info on compatibility modes (before I become dev for OPL):

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f1…odes-openps2loader-63344/

However, none of this mode is intended to improve game speed.

Concerning the rev, it is hard to find or re-compile old ones, as some changes happened in the PS2SDK, so you would have to find and setup an old PS2SDK just for this. Anyway I don't think testing so old versions can bring anything.

For the startup time, I already explained that it is to improve compatibility with most setup/games. That goal is far more important than gaining 2 or 3 seconds when launching a game.

About game format, I'm sure at 100% that the speed doesn't change between ISO and UL format. Use any of these format for your test, the result will always be the same (and btw, 0.7/0.8 supports both format).

Finally, are we agree that general compatibility for games improved ? The opposite would have been a major issue to solve.

I will try to get this game (GodFather) and make some tests.

Alpher

ISO support was added in the GUI merge, revision 289. So even before OPL 0.7 release (which also include it obviously). Moreover this is also a slight change into the inner core, as most of the ISO code was already there. So forget ISO as a possible impacting change.

Startup time may be longer for a few reason. If you use VMC, before launching the game, the VMC is checked for fragmentation. Also some tweaks to speedup the startup were removed to be more compatible with some modchip preventing OPL to run well. But ingame speed didn't changed.

Zitat

ab REV331 lädt OPL weniger Games ... die Videos ruckeln

Give facts please.

Which game is impacted (give game code), in which revision it did work, and in which revision it stopped working.

Zitat

Original von Leadustin
    aber es wird unter HDD Games nichts angezeigt.

Just to be sure ...

As you have a slim, you must look to "USB Games", "HDD games" is only for the internal HDD of the PS2 Fat (old model) with the Network Adapter (and hard drive enclosure).

Edit: (translation by Fatman):

Zitat

Nur um sicherzugehen...

Da du ja eine Slim Konsole hast musst du unter "USB Games" schauen. "HDD Games" ist nur für interne Festplatten (FAT PS2 Model mit Netzwerkadapter).

Yes it does check this pattern:

XXXX_YYY.YY

This will be probably changed later, to allow running custom made DVD (emulator, game compilation, ...).

Since I'm posting here, I need a translation. Due to some late enhancement to OPL, I added one more option in the GUI, thus requiring a new "string" to the translation.

The option is to disable the "Automatic refresh" of the game list, and so is the string to translate.

It must be as short as "Automatic sort", no need to append "... of the game list"

By the way, I'm not sure that "Automatisch scrollen" is correct ?? Is really "scrollen" meant for "sort" ?

It seems ok, but I didn't test on a running OPL right now.

Yes it support UTF8 characters, but to minimize the size of OPL ELF we only include the latin subset truetype font. So to have specific character for most european language, it requires an additional font, either that you provide (whichever ttf font you want) o that you pick-up from the OPL release, or here in the meantime:

http://bitbucket.org/ifcaro/op…/01cd74821c4a/thirdparty/

So, for the official tanslation file, use all characters: ü ö ä ß ...

OPL 0.8 coming soon ...

I need the german translation to be updated for this release, can someone with good german writing send it to me (at this address: izdubar.bbln # gmail * com)

Thank you.

Other languages are needed too, if you can translate one of the following, contact me

lang_Bulgarian.lng
    lang_Czech.lng
    lang_Dutch.lng
    lang_Indonesian.lng
    lang_Italian.lng
    lang_Norwegian.lng
    lang_Polish.lng
    lang_Portuguese.lng
    lang_Russian.lng
    lang_Spanish.lng

You can follow the "needs" here:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f150/call-translation-71523/

Some precisions ...

jimmikaekael is french, just like Polo35 too, and me too.

jimmikaelkael is one of (and probably the) main developer of OPL !

As some of you already said, the fact the blamed shop is french shouldn't be a matter. Except that in this special case it is even more painful, as the betrayal come from his own blood.

I only regret I couldn't follow this event at the time being, but anyway this is old story for sure, and who knows what may happen now ;)

Problem with VMC and HDD on main branch should be fixed now.

Zitat

Original von ScoobyDoo
    OK.Then I can delete the png´s in my Themes.No Problem.
    Another Question:Is it possible to change the Plasma Screens in the Options to the normal background Pic from the Theme?

Just commited in r477

Add this line into your conf_theme.cfg:

Code
    background_alt_mode=0

Assumption is you are using your own compiled version of a beta revision of OPL.

So, remember the word "beta" :)

If I emphasize on this point, it is because there may be a problem using VMC with HDD, that may alter the content of your HDD.

I have no idea for VMC on USB, only thing that is sure, is VMC on SMB which is 100% safe.

The problem is under investigation ... or at least was reported :)

So be careful with your experimentation.

Sorry but I'm not sure to understand ?

If I remember well, you asked me to make the left/right icon customizable for your VMCE theme, which I did in some revision.

And yes, up/down are now customizable too, but the fact is they are not displayed anywhere in the gui. So you can indeed change them, but it will only take more time to laod the theme, that's all.

Maybe in the future we will use them, so keep your full theme aside.

up.png and down.png are never used for the moment.

I guess as you there were for scrolling and down into the lists, but that was never achieved.

So I recommend to not put these in themes for the moment, as it would slow down the loading for no use.

A little summary of the news since the official 0.7:

- secure authentication for the SMB module (to enable security and write access), also more compatible with some NAS
    - new GUI, fully customizable elements
    - various SMB tweaks (NBSS keep-alive, small ingame speed-up)
    - added an embedded HDLServer into OPL to install HDD games
    - various debugging output option (to help debug failing games)
    - add compatibility for new external USB HDD with 1k/2k/4k cluster file
    - add full compatibility for old PS2 consoles (10k JAP)
    - ISO mode added for USB too
    - new compatibility modes
    - childproof mode (settings are locked)
    - improved general compatibility (many specific games now working for the first time)

And finally, next big feature to come: VMC (Virtual Memory Card), which will be merged soon ... OPL 0.8 comes quietly ... :)

Yes, but only when commits are from Jimmi (jimmikaelkael).

He's the core master concerning the PS2. Crazyc is doing wonderful job currently but on the VMC part (maybe later he will improve compat too, as he have the capabilities).

Hello Wazup,

These options have been discussed long ago, having pro and cons, you can find the details here:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/sh…9&highlight=child&page=22

Start at post #534 from TehJawknee, and go until the end of the page.

I first proposed the password solution, but either this method or the "file" on MC thing can be counterfeited by quickly removing the MC.

The current solution may be the only one 100% effective, and it is only intended for those wanting to completely lock their config.

For other people, just fearing to delete/rename their game by inadvertence, I will anyway add a new settings parameter to individually disable this feature (from the settings menu)