Beiträge von Caymans

For the fun of it I connected my HDD directly to my PC to run winHiip and ran "Repair". It found a lot of defects, and I let it repair them, upon which Winhiip reported it fixed them all! :D

Full of confidence, I inserted the HDD in the PS2, booted up Toxic to verify everything was working correctly - and it did. :D

I then booted up Codebreaker 9.22 (HDD version), chose my cheats, booted up HDLoader...and got the same errormessage saying it was unidentifyable and I needed to format it. :O

I took out the disk, into the PC again...Winhiip'd it, formatted it with standard 48bit settings, loaded 1 image (GT4 of course!). Out of the PC - into the box again, started up with default ToxicOS and got a Toxic APA warning. To be safe, I chose "Cancel", and got into Toxic main and sa that all but "Games" was available. ;((

I rebooted into CB-mode again, chose cheats for GT4 and loaded the HDL again. It said I had to format the drive first! (Again!) ?((

"F*ck this" I thought, I let HDLoader format the drive rebootet CB again, chose cheats, ran HDLoader... and it said it needed to format the drive again! WTF?! X(

I kinda wish I had entered the 1000+ cheats in RAW HEX in ToxicOS manually now, as I've spent about 60-80 hours(!) trying to get this thing to work the last 1.5 weeks.

Conclusion:
    :waffe:PS2/ToxicOS/HDL :fuck:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    03.10.2008 *Newsflash
    OK. Now I've cooled down a bit after not even looking at my PS2 for several days now, but still being annoyed not being able to get something to work that I know others have.

Having trying to use the 9.22 with HDL patch supplied by toto67 and knowing that it seemed to be something with the HDL (at least with my machine), I got the 9.3 version from here. I used Winhiip 1.76 to reformat the drive (connected now by this very smart little device!).

This actually worked! Finally! I booted my PS2 with the new Codebreaker, thereby which loaded the "new" (older?) HDL and GT4 started. Just to be sure, I rebooted in ToxicOS and was given the ToxicOS APA warning. I answered "no", and got right in to the main ToxicOS screen again. And there the GT4 image was too! And tot067's cheats.bin file was still available. Even better! "klok av skade" (norwegian expression) I started up CB/HDL w/cheats and everything STILL worked... I thought. :O

Turns out, even when loading with chosen cheats enabled, they now seem to have no effect ;((

So... thinking that the image I had used may perhaps be a NTSC version (and my DVD-ROM on my PS2 hasn't worked for a long time) I used DVD-decrypt to decrypt my original PAL version, applying the PAL HDD-patch I found somewhere else, I then used Winhiip to apply the image to the PS2 HDD again. Unfortuneatly, that didn't help and the patches seem to have no effect. CBL & HDL & the game all load well, but patches through ToxicOS cheats nor CB v9.3 w/HDL seem to have a effect. Any ideas about this? Anybody? :traurig:

After recieving better help here from toto67 for free, than what you should be able to expect from your average store, I thought I'd share a little of my expierience with others here.

Goal: To run a cheat (ANY cheat) from a PSTwo with a harddrive-based game. Main goal: GT4 w/all cars & tracks in Arcade mode.

I have recently apprehended a modified version of Codebreaker 9.22 which will run from a memorycard, and most important, will load a HDLoader instead of looking in the CD/DVD-tray. So far so good.

I have a 300GB HDD running ToxicOS 0.41. Obviously, this thread shows that ToxicOS has its own cheat-section, but unfortunatly its a huge jobb entering all the RAW-formatted HEX-codes manually. toto67 has done a great jobb creating a huge file with "every" cheat you can imagine, but in my case, GT4 has about 1000(!) cheats, and toto67's file only includes 2 of these (the most important ones for many I would believe).

My problem is this: The Codebreaker loads great (from MC0: ) and then correctly loads the supplied HDL. UNFORTUNATLY the HDL does not recognize the HDD correctly. To illustrate this, I have taken som screenshots:

German HDL

But booting ToxicOS 0.41 it looks like this.

Informing toto67 of this, I was immediatly sent a new (english) HDL (which I suspect was even newer, but unfortunatly it looked like this upon booting) :(

Unless somebody out there knows of a HDL that will support my ToxicOS-based 300GB HDD I am afraid that my only option left will have to be a reformat the disk, so ... anybody?!

----> Bitte klicken Sie hier, um die DEUTSCHE ÜBERSETZUNG! <----

:help:

Time to wake up a dead thread?
    (goto "LOOK HERE" to read my question without the background info!)

I've spent the last week on the net looking for help to basically just unlock cars and tracks in GT4 so that I could play them against my friends. It's called a "cheat" and many people find it immoral to do this. Personally I wish that games like GT4 had 2 modes: 1 for people who want to spend half their life unlocking cars, tracks drivers licenses etc, and the other mode, for people like me, that just wants a game I can sit down with, choose any car and any track I like and play.

After using countless hours looking into Gameshark, Codebreaker and whatever, I suddenly stumbled across that ToxicOS has a section for cheats, and I never thought of that before, and that was thanks to this site! :D

I have downloaded the cheats.bin, installed, and it works (kinda). Yesterday I bought about $100.000.000 in new cars 8) for my garage, but I still only have about 15 cars available in Arcade mode. I also have only a couple new tracks. The cheats.bin file only contains 2 cheats (for GT4), but for example CodeJunkies have 7 PAGES of cheats in RAW format that I believe I could use in ToxicOS 0.41!

LOOK HERE
    1. Is there a way to mass-import all of these codes into the cheats.bin-file?
    2. Is there a program for this?

I WANT ALL CARS AND ALL TRACKS AVAILABLE IN ARCADE MODE IN GT4! :mecker:

PS: Sorry about the language. I'm from Norway. But this Forum seems to be the most promising place when it comes to knowledge about this kinda stuff!

:lachende:

BTW: I DO support you guys. I drive a German car! :fbrd:

----> Bitte klicken Sie hier, um die DEUTSCHE ÜBERSETZUNG! <----