GATEWAY emuNAND 11.7.0-40E/U/J (Original GATEWAY Card)

• First of all thank you for the great work you have done to have support for the latest Emunand!

I hope you can point me in the right direction, since the version numbers you are talking here does not match my setup, to clarify.

* It is a European New Nintendo 3DS XL, with official firmware: Version 9.0.0-20E,
    * I'm running a Emunand Gateway version of: Version GW3D 10,7.0-32E
    * The Gateway firmware is: Gateway 3DS Ultra v 3.7.1

Of course I will follow the instructions as given in a earlier post:

• Take out the sd card from your ds and insert it on your pc.
    • Use this tool -> 3DS-Multi-EmuNAND-Creator https://raw.githubusercontent.…/master/3ds-multinand.exe
    • And extract your NAND from the sd card to a safe location.
    • After them copy the full content from the sd card to a safe location.

So the question is, do I follow these steps from your tutorial, it does not matter that I did not have used your Emunand versions before and that I'm running on Gateway 3DS Ultra V 3.7.1?

1. : Inhalt in Root der SD/microSD-Karte (Konsole) kopieren
    2: in den GATEWAY emuNAND booten
    3: die sysUpdater v0.4.2.cia installieren
    3b: sysUpdater starten und drücken, warten bis es fertig ist....
    3c: Konsole ausschalten den updates Ordner löschen ---> updates (update!) umbenennen in updates
    3d: booten in GATEWAY emuNAND ---> sysUpdater starten ---> drücken ---> warten bis es fertig ist....

Thanks for time!

• Hi eek72

You online need these steps, if you want to have a backup from your current emuNand.
    If something goes wrong at the update progress.
    So you can recover your old emuNand ;)

So the question is, do I follow these steps from your tutorial, it does not matter that I did not have used your Emunand versions before and that I'm running on Gateway 3DS Ultra V 3.7.1?

The custom patched Version from 123ab are from 11.3 or newer fw versions.
    Because the latest official supported version from the GW Team is 11.2.
    Your current emuNand is 10.7.
    So it doesn't matter for you!

You can directly download the package for n3DS european version from the first page.
    After them you switch to the US Tutorial from the spoiler menu and follow the steps after "Tutorial" 1-4.
    The steps are all the same for each region.
    The only difference is the update package for each region and model version ;)

• Thanks Kempa for your feedback. I'll post the steps afterwards, maybe useful for other forum members :)
    Danke!!
    ---------
    To whom it may concern. This was my situation and maybe for some of you this could be helpful.
    * It is a European New Nintendo 3DS XL, with official firmware: Version 9.0.0-20E,
    * I'm running a Emunand Gateway version of: Version GW3D 10,7.0-32E
    * The Gateway firmware is: Gateway 3DS Ultra v 3.7.1

Backup your current Emunand

• Remove the two screws from the downside from the new Nintendo 3DS XL
    • Put the Micro SD card in a converter and stick this in your PC
    • Use the #ds Multi EmuNand tool and select the drive with your SD card
    • Click the option ‘Extract Nand’ and save it to a secure location

Performing the update

• Copy all the files from the archive to the root of the SD card where you extracted the emunand from
    • Follow the instructions from 1 to 4 as written on the first page
    • Tip: I had installed the bigbluemenu cia, that is what I used to install SysUpdater

So after the update and following this great post, I have the latest Gateway 3DS Version and the latest Emunand!

All worked out fine, thank you very much!!!!

• @123ab
    Bitte updaten 11.8.0-41E.
    Danke ! ;)

• So, update using the normal "Official" methods? (system settings then system update?) Feels a bit scary, since it seems 11.8 broke luma (seems a fix is already available tho), would it be that easy for us with emuNAND? Just updating by normal means o.o (Kinda curious about the reason, still too scared to actually do it haha, Has someone else done it?)

Edit by psXtools.de: Vollzitat entfernt

• So, update using the normal "Official" methods? (system settings then system update?)

If you have implemented my 11.7.0-40 E/U/J emuNAND on your console, then you can do so... Yes!
    But do this not on lower emuNAND's, otherwise the emuNAND is bricked!

And creating a Backup is not wrong either... (for Security reasons!)

Until my next update, enjoy! 8)

• Update erst noch auf die modifizierte 11.7.0-40E. & dann per System Einstellungen auf 11.8.0-41E updaten. ;)

• Hab von dir die GW 11.6.0-39E installiert

Jetzt einfach in den GW Mode booten und online updaten??ß

Wie @cloud-strife gesagt hat:
    1. emuNAND mit meinem Update auf Firmware 11.7.0-40 updaten
    2. danach über "Systemeinstellungen ---> System Update" den emuNAND auf 11.8.0-41 bringen

Hinweis für den HBL:
    - die .bin unter "hblauncherloader" in 11-8-0-41 (zur Firmware passend) umbenennen

• But there is an issue when trying to download a demo from eshop. once you start, the system freeze at 0%. and gives:
    Error Has Occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn the power off....

Thanks for your Feedback, about this...
    It wil be fixed by me in ~ 24 hours. ;)

Hotfix v1 (04.08.2018) for/für Firmware 11.8.0-41 E/U/J (old3DS/2DS/new3DS/new2DS)

- this will fix the eShop Download issue!

Tutorial (English)

Tutorial (Deutsch)

• @123AB
    I did your 11.7 update not too long ago and now im back because of the new 11.8 update and you already have a fix for it that's incredible. It seems like Nintendo has waged WAR on Luma and us GateWay users are flying under the radar :thumbup: . Is this Hotfix Patch file used to combat NIntendo's new Eshop security measures ? Everyone keeps saying "dont update to 11.8" how safe are we in this new unoffical 11.8 emunand GW firmware ?

Question 2; on a side note now that FreeShop may be coming to an end we'll have to get our games from online sources and i sometimes see .cia or (dot)3ds games that are said to only work on Sky+ and not GW, why is that and does this apply to us with 11.8 GW Emunand ?

• Moin, darf man fragen wozu die Patch2.cia in dem Hotfix archiv drin ist ?

• Formated your EmuNAND. Or play your EmuNAND Backup back.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!