Help With PS2 Slim's Tray Sensors

• I would like to make my silver PS2 Slim read disks while the tray is open, but have an older model with 3 sensors. I've seen many guides that tell me I need to open up the system, but I would not like to do that if there is any other option. (I'm trying to use Swap Magic to play a Japanese game that will not run on my American PS2) Is there a way to cover all the sensors that doesn't involve opening up the PS2?

• muxi

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Installiere einfach MechaPwn...

Der Typ versucht, die Sensoren in seiner PS2 Slim zu reparieren.

I would like to make my silver PS2 Slim read disks while the tray is open, but have an older model with 3 sensors. I've seen many guides that tell me I need to open up the system, but I would not like to do that if there is any other option. (I'm trying to use Swap Magic to play a Japanese game that will not run on my American PS2) Is there a way to cover all the sensors that doesn't involve opening up the PS2?

Reflow the solder joints for the sensors or replace them if the problem persists.

• He wouldn't open the console. So how the reflow should be done?

Autism_Autism

Is it possible to bridge the contacts with tape or maybe a toothpick to simulate a closed tray?

Don't have a slim anymore, so it's hard to imagine. :/

################ ENDE ################

Satzzeichen können Leben retten:

Komm, Opa essen! -|- Komm Opa, essen!

Frau fragt:"Ist noch Milch da?"

Ich: "Die langt, Dicke!“ | Ich: "Die langt dicke!"

Frau:" Nimm mich Ernst!"

Ernst:" Habe ich da ein Komma vernommen?"

:thumbup:

• He wouldn't open the console. So how the reflow should be done?

Autism_Autism

Is it possible to bridge the contacts with tape or maybe a toothpick to simulate a closed tray?

Don't have a slim anymore, so it's hard to imagine. :/

Reflowing as in add fresh solder to the connections. Depending on the model, usually there should be 3 sensors - one above the power switch, the rear lid and another next to the laser.

You could maybe tape those down or use the classic toothpick method to make it think that the tray is closed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!