[RELEASE] Open PS2Loader v.0.9.3

• Nein, das sind wahrscheinlich die Calibrierungszyklen der Laufwerksköpfe. Durch Erwärmung der Platte verändern sich die Laufwerkseigenschaften und die Kalibrierung sorgt von Zeit zu Zeit dafür, dass die Köpfe die Spuren noch treffen. Gecached wird da nix.

Warum läßt du die Platte überhaupt mitlaufen? Ich habe hier FMCB auf der MC und OPL auf dem usb stick. Die Platte geht nur an, wenn man HDSpiele auswählt/aktiviert. Bei Spielen von usb oder Netz bleibt die aus.

Das schont in jedem Fall die Festplatte, weil die nicht dauerns aus und wieder eingeschaltet und ansonsten vor sich hin dümpelt.

In FMCB konfig kann man IMHO das Aktivieren der Platte verhindern und in OPL kannst du in den Setting auch die Funktion HDD auf Manuell stellen.

Wazup

• SMB support des NAS ist leider kein Garant für eine Funktion.

Ich habe hier ein billig NAS und das geht gar nicht. Da bekomme ich schon mit einigen nicht Windows Systemen probleme.

Es gibt auch günstige Adapter, die nur mit einem Netzteil geliefert werden und jedes USB Laufwerk in ein NAS verwandeln sollen. FINGER WEG. Die Teile könnten zwar funktionieren, aber leider unterstützen die meistens nur FAT32 und damit scheiden alle ISOs >4GB aus. Da sollte man vor dem Kauf schon mal in den Produktinformationen schauen ob NTFS, EXT oder ein andere linuxbasiertes Dateisystem unterstützt werden. Die können dann alle 4GB Dateien.

Ich habe eine Kompatilitätsliste zu dem Thema gesehen. Entweder hier oder auf der anderen Seite der Macht :) Ist auf jeden Fall einen Blick wert.

Wazup

• hab nun 4std lang probiert eine iso über usb zu spielen hab mich an allem gehalten ordner mit namen DVD erstellen usw nur funzt es nicht

• "Funktioniert nicht" ist keine adequate Fehlerbeschreibung. Damit kann dir keiner helfen.

USB lohnt sich IMHO auch nicht wirklich. Die meisten Spiele laden so unerträglich langsam, das es keinen Spass macht und man keine Spiele nutzen kann, die >4GB sind. Das Problem mit der Fragmentierung ist auch nicht zu unterschätzen.

Ich würde mal in den einstellungen von OPL "Fragmentierung prüfen" einschalten. Damit sollte man dann sehen, ob die Spiele korrekt auf dem Medium liegen. Wenn sie nicht erscheinen, dann liegt es am Namen. Der darf bei USB AFAIR nicht so lang sein.

SAMBA ist für mich die optimale Lösung und die interne Festplatte, sofern möglich, das Optimum, wenn man mal auswerts mit der Konsole spielen will, weil man die Spiele immer dabei hat.

izdubar

If you read this. Is there some global collection for OPL compatily files? Or are you taking reported file into an internal config?

SLUS_204.56_1=2 "Lego Soccer Mania"
    SLES_548.38_1=32 "Donkey Xote"
    SLUS_200.02_1=32 "Ridge Racer V"
    SLES_546.65_1=2 "Paddington Bear"
    SLES_511.53_1=2 "LEGO Island - Extreme Stunts"
    SLES_531.50_1=2 "10 Pin - Champions Alley"

BTW: it would be nice if OPL could show the "meaning" of the switch behind the switch option itself and for all switches at once. The current bottom/right popup is not very handy and one can mix mode number and meaning, when talking about isues.

Wazup

• wazup

Did you tried your NAS recently again ? I guess yes ... because we did some fix regarding incompatible NAS unit (Digitus mainly and also WD MyBook).

Concerning the compatibility settings for games, I hoped (and still hope) that guys on the forums would aggregates information from the compat thread and build a public "conf_compatibility.cfg". But so far no initiative has begun ...

For the hint it is hard to change this, and personally I find this location (bottom) the most judicious, as here it have the whole width of the screen to display info. Putting it right near the item, would most probably cause space problem. After all, mode number is clearly displayed, if a user can't read (or count :p) till 8 ... :)

• Zitat

Original von izdubar
    Did you tried your NAS recently again ? I guess yes ... because we did some fix regarding incompatible NAS unit (Digitus mainly and also WD MyBook).

Yes. I tried a few days ago and its still not working. Windows share still works fine, so its not my fault in misusing OPL config. I had the same with a third party ppc os and there I was told my problem has something to do with disabling linux extensions (AFAIR).

Zitat

Original von izdubar
    Concerning the compatibility settings for games, I hoped (and still hope) that guys on the forums would aggregates information from the compat thread and build a public "conf_compatibility.cfg". But so far no initiative has begun ....

Well, I though you may also use an internal config that may be overridden by user settings. So the standard OPL gets more and more compatible without the need of dealing with external files.

Just wanted to let you know my results. :)

IMHO a non compatible list would be more easy to maintain than a compatibly list, due the fact OPL has reached a high compatibly level.

Zitat

Original von izdubar
    For the hint it is hard to change this, and personally I find this location (bottom) the most judicious, as here it have the whole width of the screen to display info. Putting it right near the item, would most probably cause space problem. After all, mode number is clearly displayed, if a user can't read (or count :p) till 8 ... :)

Well, there is plenty of space next to each "mode 9: OFF", so some right aligned text may be an option. It was just a suggestion.

I am a little pedantic, when it comes to look and feel sometimes. e.g. the flickering on OPL start could be more smooth (memclear before screen change or something) happens when you set, HDD and SMB to non auto enable mode :)

Thanks for the good work. Current OPL rockz.

Wazup

• For your NAS, maybe you could explain a littl more what is the problem, and add some wireshark capture ?

Debugging SMB protocol is almost a "pleasure" :)

Zitat

you may also use an internal config that may be overridden by user settings

Yes why not ... but to have these internal default/config we need someone who sum up the hundred pages of the compatibility thread ;) The problem remain here we don't have time nor the will to do and maintain that.

Zitat

IMHO a non compatible list would be more easy to maintain

I agree, also Jimmi has asked for this too. But here we are speaking of two different thing:

• the compatibility list/settings, to create a conf_compatibility.cfg, to let user run problematic games
    • the non compatibility list, to let dev (jimmi :p) focus on them

Zitat

the flickering on OPL start could be more smooth (memclear before screen change or something)

If you speak about the glitch displaying some artifacts based on the glowing stars of the PS2 Browser, I tried doing a deep GS init (graphic synthesizer) but it didn't change anything ... :(

• Well, I guess its a good idea to keep both information in one list. It makes no sense to have a thread with non working and one with config file. This will end up bogus on both ends.

If one of the mods is willing to open a thread simply named "OpenPS2Loader compatibly" I would deal with collecting and maintaining the non working list and a proper config file. In fact I have already several non working games here, which mostly end with a black screen.

Maybe adding VMC compatilby is a good idea, too.

Wazup

• jau Frage...ich mal wieder hab

ich habe meine opl ul-Datein ins ISO Format umgewandelt, mit dem Tool

opl2iso.exe ul.SCES_xxx.xx

das lief prima und hat geklappt alle vorherigen ul-Dateien aus dem Root-Verzeichnis sind nun entweder im CD oder DVD Verzeichnis. Es lassen sich sämtliche Spiele starten, keine Probleme, aber....

nun steht im OPL v0.8 Guide man soll die datei iso2opl.exe einmal ins CD und auch ins DVD Verzeichnis kopieren und dann per CMD Konsole dort

opl2iso.exe SCAN

ausführen. Das habe ich gemacht, nur das Resultat war ich konnte keine der ISO-Dateien aus dem ausgeführtem Verzeichnis mehr umbennen oder löschen. Also habe ich auf meinem NAS per Webinterface den Web-bassierten Dateimanager aufgerufen und die Dateien dort gelöscht, waren natürlich alle ISO's weg und ich musste alle Spiele neu einlesen, sehr ärgerlich und Zeitaufwendig. Bei den neu erstellten ISO's habe ich NICHT mehr den Befehl opl2iso.exe SCAN zum Schluss ausgeführt und trotzdem lädt alles prima über den OPL.

ALso was soll dieser Befehl, was macht er für einen Sinn, bzw. wie kann man ihn rückgängig machen, um z.B. eine ISO umzubenennen oder zu löschen, wenn man ihn dann einmal ausgeführt hat ???

• Also ich nutze OPL jetzt schon ziemlich lange und diese Scan Geschichte kenne ich nicht. IMHO nennen die Programme nur die ISOs um und machen aus den 1024MB Teilen wieder eine Datei.

Die ISOs mit der Sxxx_nnn.nn.name Namensregel in die CD oder DVD Schublade legen und fertig.

Ich habe meine CD ISOs zusätzlich in DVD ISOs gewandelt (geht mit UltraISO und drei Mausklicks) und benutze keine CD Schublade. So habe ich die Spiele nicht auf zwei Ordner verteilt.

Für OPL und NAS/SMB Support braucht man die Tools nicht.

wazup

• The CD or DVD distinction is indeed not needed for most of the case. But some games, check the media type, and for these specific games, you should use the original format if you want them to work.

Don't ask me which games are concerned, I just know the reason why there are CD and DVD folder. If all your CD games works well under the DVD folder, then no problem, let it so.

The 'iso2opl SCAN", is only to rename automatically your ISO files, so they comply with the needed naming scheme (GAME_CODE.GAME_NAME.iso). It extract the game_code directly from the ISO.

This is useful if you have a bunch of "my wonderful game 1.iso" and don't want to check their game code manually, and rename yourself. But if you used "opl2iso" to convert your UL back to ISO, then then tool have already renamed them with the correct scheme.

That's why the games are displayed in the list (and running them is another subject).

The only problem I don't understand, is why running "iso2opl SCAN" have damaged your installation. Either the ISO were already well named, in this case it should have done nothing, or if not, it should only rename them.

If you want to investigate this error, you must tell me more info. The listings of DVD content before running, the output of "iso2opl", the resulting listing of DVD ... the file attributes, what happen to them ...

• In fact with the current state of OPL, you should rather not use any special caracters for game names, only basic latin.

For SMB, the game name is sent in unicode, whereas OPL need UTF8. Unicode share the same basic as UTF8 however, meaning that if you stick to latin is to good.

For HDD, the HDL format use the encoding charset of the system you used to install games. For example, if you use hdl_dump under linux (UTF8), OPL will be happy, and you will be able to display every UTF8 caracters (that is defined in the font loaded). But someone using windows (CP1289), only the basic latin cahrs will be ok (same as unicode/UTF8, there is a partial compatibility)

For USB, I have no idea ... I guess it is tied to FAT32, so probably CP1289 too ...

What mode was it in your case (just to know, as I suppose it did work before) ?

In 0.7 we didn't use UTF8 fonts support, it was rather a fixed charset containing the 256 first chars, probably compatible to latin + latin extended, so some of the special characters of usual countries, including ß, ü, ä, ... That mean it was good for some point, but bad for other ...

And I have no idea to fix this in the future ... we can't support UTF8 for game names, as in UTF8 each character (in fact "glyph") is encoded in either 1 to 4 bytes, and we use fixed buffer size for game names everywehre ... it would require to many changes, and many other problem I have in mind ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!